Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twin Buttes 11-30-08

My techie, Scott Gagliano, got drawn into my madness today as we took off for Twin Buttes today at about 2 PM to 5. We took the plastic boat, but the wind was deemed too strong to be effective. We went to the shore down past the Boys Ranch where we threw a jig and crawfish. Both struck out.

We relocated about 4 to the old boat ramp and threw a black worm. I caught 3 fish in 30 minutes with 2 being keepers. Scott got skunked. The temp was just above 50 with winds being northerly about 10+ mph. My biggest was 1 lb. 6 oz. I caught all 3 in about 3-5' of water right by the shore. I'll take it and be happy!

I have to admit that despite the hard conditions, it's a blast just getting out and giving it a shot. I think every fisherman can relate to the anticipation we all feel with every cast. Also the feeling of getting out and away is priceless and makes accepting the upcoming Monday palatable.

I'm already feeling the itch for the next outing!

3 comments:

PaulAnn Bassman said...

Jay,

Chip and I went out on 12/4 about 4:30. We went up Spring Creek and fished till dark. I caught 3 bass. The biggest was 3lb 13oz and the others were a 2lb and a dink. I caught them all on the crankbait I showed you at the meeting. The bite seemed pretty slow. Chip did not get one at all. Enjoyed your blog!

See you later.
Bassman

Jay Leeper said...

Thanks! Comments like this encourage me. I hope this actually serves a great use!

Jay Leeper said...

Wellllll, .... it turns out that it was the Middle Concho we fished. Talk about makig silly mistakes!