Friday, February 27, 2009

Twin Buttes 2-27-09

Man, it's been a while!

It felt great getting back out on the water!

Last week I was in San Antonio and picked up a couple of Bass Pro Shop Bionic Blades. I couldn't believe the difference. I fished my Ugly Sticks for almost 20 years and I feel like a guy who was deaf and can now hear!

Wow!

Scott and I fished Twin Buttes in an area we use to own until the lake lost too much water. As it was, we saw many fishermen out there. fishermen included these guys.



There you go ladies! You cannot ever say that I'm not fair. :-D

The water was stained and about 60 degrees. We caught dinks in about 2-7 feet of water using Bombers and worms. Wind was mild and the sky was clear.



Pretty decent if you ask me!

While we were flogging the water, we saw this.

Angel caught this 3.9 on a bush hog. Adam was his bud and Riley, their 4-legged friend were very kind to us guys in small plastic boats.

Way to go, guys!

The PABC has a tourney tomorrow. We saw Jeff Morris and Justin Brumley testing the water and watching us try to sink the boat. Garret Day and Brannon Halfman were also trying to drown a plastic worm. We tried a bit of prefishing, but I really wanted to try a 4-hp motor I got my hands on. I just about turned my boat into a submarine! After making a note to myself to leave the motor at home tomorrow, we tried to plan for the tourney. With winds coming out of the north 20-30 mph, we are going to be hard pressed to take things on.
Wish us luck!
Scott and I are volunteering for the Sudden Link Tourney next week. If you get a chance, say "Hey" to the bald guy!
In the mean time, cast straight, cast often, and if you see a plastic boat called "ITOY" say "Hi"!

No comments: