Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4-12 Middle Concho



Hee Hee! You are witnessing my feeble attempts to developing a webisode. I figured it would be good for a laugh, anyway!

Jeff was nice enough to invite me out Sunday evening. For the last 2 days in similar conditions, the wind had laid down in the evening so he wanted to give it a shot. So we gave it a shot.

The wind was pretty fierce. Here's a shot at what we were launching into.


It was one bumpy ride to get to the Concho. Once we got there, it was a little more smoother, but not by much. We went to the Second Bluffs and started just before there fishing the salt cedars. We both struck out. Rounding the bluffs, Jeff saw something. First cast saw him catching a 2-pounder. He cast again and caught a 2.5-pounder. The pattern he detected was wind blowing bait fish into an area so he told me to cast in. I did and was rewarded.



This 3.54-pounder hit my Brush Hog HARD! She tried to shake me off, but I lucked out. It had been a while since caught anything and it felt great. It was in 2 feet of water and a good pattern detected by Jeff.




Jeff would have nothing of it, though. Shortly, he caught this beauty!

This 4.65-pounder crushed Jeff's crank bait. It fought hard and gave him a serious run for his money, but he got it! Jeff's a real jer .... er .... fishing jerk!

Water was in the low to mid 60s. Wind laid down as predicted and I felt like a junkie with a hit.

Many thanks to Jeff for taking me out. I have learned a lot from this guy!

I hope you enjoyed this. Remember, cast straight, cast often, and keep your wake small for the guys in the plastic boats!

No comments: