Saturday, January 3, 2009

Middle Concho 1-3-09

What is it about me and batteries????

Paw-in-law and I traveled up the Concho to try our luck. Fished a couple of spots that were supposed to be pretty good. I managed to up my stringer with a 1.6
giving me a PABC straight (1.5, 1.6, and 1.7) so I was pretty stoked about the small stringer award for the month. I knew that Jim Day would be tough competition, though.

















Then I messed up.



Nuts! This 3.1 messed up my chances. Oh well!

He sure was a nice catch!

John, Mr. Unconventional, went off and caught this on a crank bait in about 3 feet of water.

Now, I knew better than to comment on how unlikely he would catch a fish up in the area he wanted to go because he pulls things like this. I learned a long time ago to just watch.

The 3 that I caught were in 8-13' of water and I caught them on the jig and crawfish trailer. There was a little wind coming out of the south, but not too bad. Water temp was mostly 50 degrees with the water being the usual Twin Buttes fare.

Big props to John for the pictures as I neglected to properly place the camera on the charger the night before. His LG saved the day and took some great pics!

For anyone interested, the PABC will be meeting 1-5-09 at the Fellowship Hall of Paul Ann Baptist at 7 PM.

Hope to see you there!

Oh yeah, and I hope to see you on the water.

No comments: