Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Trip a great start in 2010
It was Jan. 1,2010 at 11:45 a.m. and after I had just got off work ,headed to Jay,s house, loaded his 9ft.2 man buster boat, we were headed to Twin Buttes. My boat is out of commision for another week or so so when Jay offered taking his little boat I did not hesitate to go wet a hook. Dropping the boat out in the middle concho river we trolled to a couple of rocky spots along the banks. We started with creature baits and soft plastics ,slow and methodical but only one bite for our efforts. Then at about 1 pm I tied on the only Deep Diving Crankbait I had in my little carry on tackle box. A Berkly Frenzy Crankbait in a color that kinda looks blue green??? Anyway a couple of casts later I swung the rod hard and with a slow heavy pull the 1st of several big fish came to the boat.
After my 2nd fish(a 5+lber) it was time to get Jay set up and let him fill the power of one of these brutes. Jay tied on Bomber Fat Free Shad in (Citrus Color) and fired it along the rocky bank. It wasnt long before his rod loaded up heavy and I new it was a giant. Sure enough after a brief fight and a scoop of the net we were high fivin and getting the camera a good work out.
Jay and I never expected to make a video that day. Maybe a few snapshots and do a little story on an afternoon of fishing. But as you will see things changed that day.
I dont want to spoil it to much for you but as soon as Jay gets the video up you will see what an exciting few hours of fishing was all about. We caught 7 or 8 quality fish ,nothing under 2.75
lbs and Jay with a personal best.You cant ask for much better when your catching 5-7 lbers and your best 5 are well over 20lbs......
Maybe it was the full moon, maybe it was light winds with 48degree water temps. Maybe Jay is good luck charm? "NAAAAA that aint it" We will see ya on the water. Wendell

No comments: